A Rideshare Accident Attorney Will Fight For Damages
In Pennsylvania, ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft are commonly used; however, incidents involving rideshare vehicles do occasionally happen, leaving the victims to question how to secure compensation for their losses. At Goodwin Como, P.C., a rideshare accident attorney has experience handling these cases and will work diligently to secure compensation if you have been injured.
Ridesharing Accident Statistics
Taxi alternatives like Uber and Lyft are referred to as “ridesharing” services, even though you’re not always sharing a ride with someone else. Both Uber and Lyft have exploded in popularity. According to MarketsandMarkets (M&M), the ridesharing market is projected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.87% from 2018 to 2025, to reach a market size of 218.0 billion U.S. by 2025.
Along with the increasing popularity comes along with an increase in ridesharing accidents. ScienceMag.org found that after ride-sharing was launched in a city, fatal accidents rose and were concentrated in large, high-population cities, more impoverished cities, and cities with comparatively high use of public transportation.
Causes of Ridesharing Accidents In Pennsylvania
Like common passenger vehicles, accidents are caused by a wide variety of reasons, the most common including:
- Inexperience. Ridesharing drivers receive very little specialized driving training. Some states require rideshare drivers to have a minimum number of years of driving experience.
- Fatigued Driving. Driving while drowsy can be as dangerous as driving while impaired. Unfortunately, ridesharing companies generally do not have commercial truck-like driving restrictions.
- Distracted Driving. Distracted driving is already a leading cause of accidents, and the ridesharing app rideshare drivers can be further distracted by their ridesharing app.
- Speeding. Speeding is a primary cause of accidents for all drivers, including ridesharing drivers. Ridesharing drivers may speed to get to their next customer.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals, Signs, and Other Rules of the Road. Ridesharing drivers are just like many of us; they play a little loose and fast with traffic signs and signals.
How Can A Rideshare Accident Attorney Help if I’ve Been Involved in a Ridesharing Accident?
We serve all manner of clients in Uniontown and throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania in most areas of law with respect, understanding, and efficiency. We’re normal people, like old friends, who are eager to hear your story in your own words. We’ll explain your best options in everyday language rather than lawyer-speak. We’ll fight to help you obtain the best possible outcome allowed by law. We have recovered millions in verdicts and settlements for people just like you over the years.
Contact A Rideshare Accident Attorney In Uniontown Pennsylvania
Contact a rideshare accident attorney today or simply call us at 724-438-1616 for your free consultation. There is no risk to you; we won’t charge you a penny unless and until we recover your financial compensation.